By now, you should have all logged onto ManageBac and signed up as members for various groups (by simply pressing JOIN GROUP). Please remember that, unless you are running your own CAS project with a SERVICE component, you should all be signed up to a Take Action Tuesday group. There are loads of new CREATIVITY and ACTION groups you can join at school this year too!
Here are some ALL NEW CAStastic CAS Projects initiated by grade 11 CAStars you can join on Managebac today:
– THE RIBBON INITIATIVE– Advocacy into action!
– ECO WARRIORS – guerrila environmentalists!
– BABAWATOTO – juggling, acrobatics and general showmanship!
– REDEFINE YOURSELF – women only fitness, health and nutrition!
And below are some additional CAS events for you to get involved with this semester. If interested, please send me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org):
– Love Art? Interested in Illustration? There are 4 storybooks on the brink of publication, authored by ES students and translated into kiswahili, waiting to be illustrated…
– Does your Take Action Tuesdays group require funds for a sustainable long term project starting this year? If you are interested in creative fundraising and events planning.. perhaps collaborating on a PAMOJA ART AUCTION appeals to you!
+ a message from an ex IST student in Dubai:
Hey everybody! Looking for a new CAS opportunity? Want to make a difference? Join “Watoto Pamoja” to contribute to an international project and make an impact for the girls of your residence country!
“Watoto Pamoja”, is a student-run organization in Dubai which connects students at Dubai International Academy, with students in Tanzania, specifically at the Bethsaida Secondary School for Orphan Girls. The correspondence between the girls is done through assigned pen-pals and is run with the hopes of opening up both parties to societies and cultures outside their home environments. Nevertheless, the more significant aim of the project is to raise money to facilitate the path to a higher-level education for these orphan girls. It is one that the girls are very much deserving of, and people in the UAE are very much interested in supporting.
We could really use your help in being a Tanzania based liaison to expand the project.
To express your interest in the position, or for more details about what you would be handling, please contact Sana and Therese at email@example.com
Welcome all to the school year 2014/2015! And it’s going to be a CAStastic one. Oh yes.
“Why? What’s new?” I hear you all ask.
– Managebac to help you organize, record and communicate your CAS experiences
– Grades 11/12 scheduled CAS sessions every 10 day cycle to give you more support, time for connection, reflection, purposeful planning, bouncing ideas off each other, innovating and creating.. (the list goes on…..)
– CAS Project component for eleventh graders. Many grade 12s are already doing this, but not all. What kiCASes about this year is that ALL eleventh graders are going to be involved in developing their own projects!
– More resources and equipment for you to use (electric hobs for cooking, blender, crate of glasses, gardening and painting equipment, balls.. the list goes on…)
Let’s Go TwiCAS!