During this round of CAS sessions, students will not only be given time to update the learning documentation, but will also be involved in kiCAS conversations with the CAS Coordinator. These interviews are a great opportunity for a face-to-face in-depth dialogue about your CAS choices and approach, smart goals, learning outcome accomplishment, feelings, thoughts and concerns.
Here are some of the open-ended questions that may come up during the conversation:
Inventory and Planning
• What are you doing already? Is this something new for you? What will you do to take it to another level?
• Why have you chosen this activity/these activities?
• Why do you think these activities are suitable for you?
• Do you have any hobbies or talents that could link to a project?
• What new challenges would you like to engage in?
• How can you make this activity different to what you have done before in this area?
• What do you want to achieve from your participation in this activity?
• Do you prefer to work individually or in a team?
• Have you lived in other areas of the world? What impact (if any) has this experience had on you?
• How do you respond to events or news in other areas of the world? In what ways do these events affect you?
• What do you think your role could be in effecting change?
• In what ways have you positively affected the lives of others? What did you do?
• How do you think that the CAS programme will affect you as a person?
• What are your expectations?